Residential treatment programs offer intensive support for young children with serious emotional and behavioral problems. During the residential treatment, children temporarily live outside of their homes and at a facility in which they are looked after by trained staff where they can be monitored.
Residential treatment can help children and young people whose health is at risk, as they live in their community. You can find the best residential treatment centers for youth via the online source.
Image Source: Google
For example, the programs are helpful for those who do not respond to outpatient treatments, the educational needs that can not be met in a less restrictive setting at local schools, or who are further in need of intensive treatment after the inpatient psychiatric care.
Effective residential treatment programs offer:
- A comprehensive evaluation to assess behavioral, emotional, medical, educational and social needs and secure support for these requirements.
- An individual treatment plan that puts into place interventions that will help to reach the child or young person these goals.
- Individual and group therapy.
- Psychiatric care coordinated by a child and adolescent psychiatrist or psychiatric doctor.
- Participation of the family or the child support system. Model residential programs promote and provide opportunities for family therapy and contact through site visits, home passports, phone calls and other types of communication.
- Nonviolent and predictable way to help young people with emotional and behavioral problems. The use of corporal punishment, manipulation or intimidation is not occur in any residential treatment program.